Wednesday 14 September 2011

Welcome All

Good Morning All,


This is the first post on my new blog:  TriDiva Network.  My hope is that this will be an inspiring place for women to connect on a variety of topics.  I will be sharing my insights on training, living, mothering and generally being diva-like.  I believe that women have an amazing capacity to create, achieve and support one another.  There will be links, ideas and requests for feedback placed on the blog.  The guys are welcome to chime in if they think they can stand the heat!


A word about DIVA.  I do get hassled about this term as not being very empowering to women.  It is one word I would like to see transform.  Historically, I think DIVA meant "high-maintenance".  When I use the term DIVA, I am referring to the amazingness (I know, not a word) in women.  DIVAs do not apologize for who they are; we are moms, entrepreneurs, wives, partners, volunteers, CEOs, etc.  They are in every part of society, quietly (or not) living their lives with integrity, grit, courage, dignity and elan.  If you heard about this blog, I would consider you a DIVA.


I am interested in your thoughts about DIVA.  Let's reframe the word and take ownership of it.  We can define it however we want.  What is your experience of the term DIVA?


I look forward to this journey and I invite you to join me.  I will be sharing more about my athletic, personal and professional pursuits in the coming months so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment