Friday 30 September 2011

Hey Newbies!!! This is for you!

Happy Friday,

I had the opportunity to take a hiatus this week and what a welcome relief it was.  It gave me an opportunity to re-group and re-think the blog.  I am sure my family feels I spend too much time thinking/obsessing about it but they love me anyway (I hope!)

I spent some time looking at other triathlon blogs, websites and online coaching sites and I must say there are a ton of them.  I don't want to re-invent the wheel but I do want to be of service and relevant so in order to move forward and to elicit some response, I would like to field some questions.......

One of my lane mates gave me the idea that I should answer some of the burning questions that, those of you that are new to the sport, may have:

What do I wear?

What about nutrition during training and racing?  Is it different?

How do I pick a coach?  Do I need a coach?

How do I pick a bike?  How much should I spend?

Wow, that was only 20 seconds of brainstorming!  I am sure you have lots of questions and I would love to share my experience with you.  After 15+ years in the sport, I have picked up a few tips.  So let me know!  I will choose one or two days a week to answer the questions.  Also, if you are not new to triathlon, let me know what you would have liked to ask when you first started.

Let's support each other through the labyrinth of multi-sport.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ok Norm,
    This may not be a pretty question but I have never really figured out how you pee on the bike? From the day I started Tri to now it is still a mystery for us women...or at least for me!

    My other questions is about affordability. Does triathlon have to be expensive? Can you still get the stuff you need without spending so much money? It's always been a thorn in my side that people who may not have the money can't even try out the sport...

    That's all for now.
    Tash

    ReplyDelete