Sunday 25 March 2012

Ides of March

Hello Readers,

I am sure it is a well known fact that I am a crossword-a-holic and as such, I use the term "ides of march" often in solving puzzles.  I have to say that this the first time that I have felt these ides!  I am coming back from a rare and vicious affliction called 'writer's block'.  Incredibly frustrating and humbling!

If I look back on my training cycles, I am sure I will find myself falling flat in the month of March.  We generally start off the new year with great enthusiasm that hopefully carries us through to spring.  In our neck of the woods, we get a bit antsy as the final layers of ice, snow and dirt melt and wash away.  Just as we think we are going to be out there on our bikes or on the running trails, the ides kick in and we experience spring snow!

What is holding you back?  Spring snow? self-doubt? big goals? bigger injuries? no training group? Flat training result?  Writer's block?

No matter what it is. . . pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get going!  We will be out on our rides soon and before you know it you will be looking at the start line of your first race this season.  If you are feeling flat because of the 'ides', be proactive.  I took my bike in for a tune-up.  I am now anxious to see her again so I can reacquaint myself with my saddle and the open road.

Speaking of the open road, the invitation is still open to those that are interested in a Sunday ride with me and some divas.  I am away for the next two weeks but plan on getting out there by mid-April.  Let me know if you are interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment