Sunday 20 May 2012

A Return to Provence

Hello readers,

 Again you find yourself wondering where is my favorite blogger. It is a good news/bad news story (good for me and, well you know the rest) What follows is an excerpt from my journal that I am writing while cycling in France for the next week. I will try to protect the identities of the innocent (emphasis on try). Please enjoy this post. I will be adding more as the week goes on :)

May 17 2012
Day 1 A Return to Provence

 I am sure there is no one in my immediate circle of acquaintances or, even anyone that I spend more than 15 minutes with, that has not heard me regale the amazing experience that my husband and I had in Provence in 2011. Deciding to return was the easy part (ah, duh!). It was more difficult to imagine how the trip could be even better or close to it!  I guess it all came down to what we truly value in this lifetime: friends and family.  The 2012 edition of our trip won't be as random as the last time.  Last year, we booked with a fantastic company, Great Explorations, and took our chances as to who our fellow cyclists would be.  We found ourselves with three other cyclists with whom we meshed very well.   This year we invited a few friends and my brother-in-law.  All have some touring experience and all are up for the challenge. The only thing left in question is, will we get along?  Now I don't want to set this up as the next Canadian reality show but stay tuned :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello all

    Just a quick editorial note. . . My apologies for the lack of formatting in this post. I am working on my new iPad and from Europe. I will try to be better next time. Please read anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete