Thursday 29 December 2011

Tri-Wishes for 2012

Hello Amazing Divas,

I am sure you have been waiting with baited breath for my "resolutions" post and I surely don't want to disappoint but I am, instead, compiling a list of wishes for the new year.  I may still do a list of resolutions and perhaps, I will share but for now I thought I would focus outwards . . . .

If the proverbial genie popped up and asked for my wishes for triathlon and sport for women in general, what would I say?   What would make a significant difference in this quirky sport and more importantly, in the lives of the TriDivas who reside here?

1.  Bring someone to the party. . . My hope is that we each bring a new person to triathlon in 2012.  Maybe you invite someone to be on a team with you or you ask a buddy to volunteer at one of your races. .  . whatever it is, just share; share why multi-sport is important to you and spark the next person.  If we all do that the exposure to Triathlon will double over night!

2.  Hardware for Canada . . . I am a huge supporter of this sport from both ends: novice all the way to the elite level.  As 2012 is an Olympic year, my hope is to see Canada on the podium (podiums would be better) in London.  I can already hear our anthem being played.  Do what you can to support our team - big or small.


3.  World Peace . . .  that's right, world peace.  The wish list wouldn't be complete without it.  To be clear, I hope that we all find some peace in 2012; peace with our goals, peace with our balance; peace within ourselves.  We are all doing triathlon for different reasons but I wish that, at the bottom of it all, is peace.

Happy and healthy 2012 to all you Divas out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment