Monday 28 November 2011

Inspiring Ourselves

Hello Divas,

So often we look for inspiration outside ourselves.  We receive a quote from a friend or watch a movie for some spark of motivation.  I love to surround myself with things, people, books, movies, practically anything to inspire me.  I get a renewed energy from it.  I was wondering this weekend if we could derive this energy from ourselves or within ourselves.

For the past few days, I was fortunate to hang out with my daughter and her buds.  If you are a mother of a daughter, you know how fleeting these moments can be and how precious they are.  As usual, I wanted to make a good impression and be thought of as "cool" (I am sure there is a better, more current reference to a parent one deigns to spend time with).  As I regaled the girls with a few of my best race experiences, I looked at their faces . . . .and for a split second, I realized my activities; my training; my racing inspired them and for that matter, inspired me too!  I was again reminded how important it is to slow down and take stock.

I am sure all of you have had some great learnings that others would benefit from but what about reminding ourselves and inspiring ourselves.

This may not be the slickest segue but I will be beginning a series of interviews with triathletes in the next week or so.  The conversations will be with tri-gals of all abilities and experiences. My hope is that we all garner a bit of inspiration and motivation from them.  

Feel free to post a question or a story. . . .I always love to hear from a sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment