Thursday 14 February 2013

Endings and Beginnings

Hello Readers,

This topic has popped frequently of late as 2013 has launched.

How you handle endings and how you address beginnings speaks volumes about how you operate in your life.  Are you someone who considers all the possibilities?  Do you divide a page in half and make the two lists: one for and one against?  Maybe you are more of circle graph/data gatherer. . . .or the anecdotal approach where you drive all your friends nuts by surveying their opinions.  What is it about endings and beginnings that put us into such a tizzy.  Well people, it is because it is change!!  When considering whether to end something or to begin something else, it is basically change.

Personally, I tend to dive into change head first.  I don't check for a safety net.  I simply jump and deal with any emotions I may have on the way down.  I would, however, not recommend this.  Someone said to me recently, enjoy the limbo.  Huh?  That sounds really uncomfortable.  Well I feel I have been in limbo since my last post (about a month) and even though some things will remain in limbo for me (will I race anymore. . . is near the top of the list), I have made a few moves that could look like endings and/or beginnings.

I am using this post to inform this great TriDiva community (if you are still out there :) that I am starting a new venture.  It is something that started with this blog 18 months ago.  The tag line for this blog is about supporting women in their lives in a balanced way.  I live an active life by training and, sometimes, racing in triathlon.  This has brought me great joy and an amazing sense of accomplishment.    My new venture incorporates this important aspect of my life along with my passion for empowering women to be a beautiful gift to the planet.

The company, Work In Progress:  balanced lifestyle coaching for women.


The vision:  For women to reach their potential personally, professionally & physically through empowerment, inspiration & connection.

The plan:  Weekend of Wellness in West Kelowna June 7 - 9

I have partnered with Mel James, a personal trainer and yoga instructor, to offer a great getaway for women.  For those of you that joined me before on Lake Okanagan you know what a great location it is.  More detail on the weekend can be found at the link on the right side of the blog (in the links section!)

I hope that you seriously think about joining me.  There will be several activities to choose from:  running, swimming, yoga, paddle boarding and walking.  I will be leading some goal setting sessions to assist women in getting clear about the next step; whatever that is!

I am excited about this next phase for myself and I invite you to join me on the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment